Definition

pid·dle [pid-l] verb, pid·dled, pid·dling.

To spend time in a wasteful, trifling, or ineffective way; dawdle (often followed by around ): He wasted the day piddling around.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Quick First Impression - Arduino IDE

So while I wait for my board to come in I am starting to get up to speed on the environment and the Arduino syntax.  This is going to sound really weird but for the life of me I could not find a screenshot of the IDE.  Of course if you really want a screenshot you can always do a google image search and find one but what I am saying is that on the general Arduiono website I don't recall seeing one so the first time I got a glimpse of the software was after I had installed it.  It looks much more like a text editor than what was expected based upon my experience with IDEs for other micro-controller platforms.  Seems to have very few panes with essentially a code editing area and then a status output below.  I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just different.  It makes me wonder how you manage multiple files in a project in order to bring in the libraries you create, etc.

Below is an obligatory screenshot of an example opened in the editor window.


No comments:

Post a Comment